19 November 2008

A Lot of Hands

Tonight was the penultimate class session for Transatlantic Sensations. We are off next week for Thanksgiving, then we meet on the 3rd to do peer reviews on our papers, then our final papers are due on the 10th and that's it - the end of this, my last literature course for my degree. Next semester I have only one rhetoric class left (and one huge thesis project) in order to finish my masters degree. So six months from now ... I'll kind of ... be done.

On the one hand, this is really exciting because it means I'll have successfully completed this major accomplishment. But on the other hand it means I won't get to go to class any more. But on the one hand it means I will have more free time to read other things. But on the other hand it means I will not get to sit around with 12 people and discuss what we've all read. On the other hand it means I won't exhaust myself staying up until 2:00 am. to finish school work. But on the other hand it means I won't be writing academically as much. But on the other hand it means I can write non-academically more. But on the other hand it means I won't be reading thematically like I am now ('transatlantic sensations'). But on the other hand it will free me up to do other things besides read, other things entirely.

But in the meantime I have a 15-page paper to write and a big thesis project to work on.

No comments: